Customer Rights Protection Guide
“Your rights are our priority, and your banking awareness is our responsibility."
In line with the Central Bank of Egypt's interest in developing the banking sector through applying international best practices, emphasizing the importance of protecting the customers’ rights to ensure customers' confidence in the banking sector and enhance competition between banks in a way that raises the efficiency of the banking sector and includes the customer rights protection concept.
ABK-Egypt is keen to apply clear principles and rules that govern the relationship between the bank and its customers at all stages, in a way that achieves justice and transparency and ensures customer’s data protection, in addition to defining a clear mechanism for dealing with complaints, as well as spreading awareness of banking and financial culture among customers.
You have the right to inquire about any information related to your account, and the Bank is responsible to respond to you within a maximum of 10 working days.
In case you object to any sent data, please inform the Bank and the Bank will respond within 15 working days, If your objection is related to external banking transactions data, the Bank will take a longer time to respond in to verify the data and information, in that case the Bank will notify you with the specified time frame.
We always advise you to read the contracts and Bank forms before signing them to be aware of all the terms and conditions, and you have the right to request a copy of the contract.
The Bank announces the applied annual effective interest rates and the products and services tariff through its website, social media and other various media channels or through private correspondence and flyers.
Always review the products terms and conditions before signing and you can review them through the Bank's website before visiting the branch to be aware of all the features of the product/service before signing the application.
The Bank will not change the fixed interest rate of the credit facility before notifying you in an appropriate manner.
• Your obligations towards the Bank for obtaining services/products:
• Provide a complete and accurate information to facilitate the transactions and to complete the process.
• Constantly updating your personal and banking information at the Bank to ensure continuity of account normalization for ongoing transactions and use.
• Do not sign any empty documents, blank pages, or contracts with incomplete data.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all data related to your transactions with the Bank.
• Notify the Bank immediately upon detection of any unauthorized transaction in your account.
• When you guarantee another customer in any credit facility, ask about your responsibilities as a guarantor towards the Bank.
• Be careful in case of issuing an internal or official power of attorney at the Bank authorizing them to transact on your account, and it is your responsibility to notify the Bank immediately upon the power of attorney cancellation.
Complaints & Inquiries
Steps to submit your complaint or inquiry to the Bank:
The Bank provides different communication channels, through which you can submit a complaint, or any inquiry as follows:
• Call the Customer Service available 24/7 on 19322 (Local) or +2 35352790/91 (International)
• Submit the complaint form through the complaint boxes located in all Bank branches or request the assistance of one of the customer service representatives at the branch.
• Send a message on the Bank's official social media Channels.
• Send the complaint through the Bank's website through the "Contact us" section / click on "Submit a complaint".
• Send your complaint directly via Post Mail to the complaint & Customer Rights Protection Unit
The steps to be followed by the Bank in response to any raised Complaints:
• The Complaints & Customer Rights Protection team follows up on your complaint and reviews it with the concerned departments/branches.
• The Bank will send a text message with your complaint reference number within two working days, so that you can follow up on your complaint at any time.
• The Bank will respond to you within a maximum of 15 working days from the date of receipt, and in case your complaint is related to external banking transactions, the Bank will notify you with the time required to solve it.
• The team will contact you within the specified time frame to notify you with the complaint response.
In case you do not accept the Bank's response to your complaint, you must notify the Bank in writing within 15 days from the date of receiving the response including the reasons for non-acceptance, and the Bank will reconsider and examine your complaint again and respond to you within a further 15 working days, If you do not send any written objection, the Bank considers this as an implicit acceptance of the response.
You have the right to escalate your complaint to the Central Bank of Egypt in case you do not accept the second and final response from the Bank.
Keep your data confidential and be careful not to share your confidential information and data with anyone, and always remember that the Bank will never ask you for personal or confidential data through phone calls, text messages or e-mails.
Do not sign any documents with incomplete data and keep a copy of the signed contracts.
Always check and verify the provided data in the Bank’s received notices in terms of account number, amount, currency type, transaction date, maturity date, and keeping receipts of deposits and withdrawals.
Do not deal with unlicensed entities in any financial or banking matters.
Limit the use of Credit Cards through unsafe websites as much as possible, especially unknown Internet sites.
Do not share with anyone the three digits on the back of any of your cards. Check the banking services tariff to ensure full understanding of the charges, fees, commissions, etc...
Make sure to obtain a paper and/or electronic account statement at least once every 3 months.
Check and follow the awareness messages and bulletins received from the Bank in order to protect your account.
The Bank will never ask you for any information about your accounts, cards, PIN or OTP
All your data is confidential, and no party may view it or give data about it directly or indirectly except with your personal written permission or from any authorized official authority, The Bank is fully responsible for preserving and protecting customers' personal and financial data while dealing with outsourcing companies.
Contact the Bank immediately in case any tampering occurs on your account or card through 19322 available 24/7 or through any of the Bank's available channels.
Hegaz Branch: No. 229 El Hegaz Street - Nozha – Heliopolis
Merghany Branch: Shop 2 Block 16 El Merghany Street Square 911 A - Ard El Golf next to shark car showroom – Heliopolis
Heliopolis Branch: No. 52 Nazih Khalifa Street – Cairo
Tahra Branch: No. 12 Saray El Kobba Sq., In Front Of Tahra Palace, Cairo
Nasr City Branch: No. 13 Abu Dawood El Zahery St., Cairo
Abbas El Akkad Branch: Property No. 15, Block 50, Sixth District, Nasr City, from Mustafa Al-Nahhas
New Cairo Branch: Building plot 340 Teseen St. in front of Concord Plaza Mall - Fifth Settlement – Cairo
Ajoura Branch: Block 11 East Lotus – New Cairo
Al Masa Branch: Al Masa Capital Hotel in the New Capital
Sarayat El Maadi: 130 St.9 El Sarayat- Maadi - Cairo
Maadi Branch: No. 4/1 El Laselky Street – Cairo
Obour Branch: Golf City Mall Obour Cairo inside Giro Land Amusement Park Seventh District in Obour City – Cairo
Talaat Harb Branch: Fourth Floor - Evergreen Building - 10 Talaat Harb Street
Shoubra Branch: No. 49 A Shoubra Street – Cairo
Zamalek Branch: Building No. 104, 26th of July Street / Behind Marriott Hotel / Zamalek - Cairo
Manial Branch: No. 3 Manial Museum Street
Shooting Club Branch: 36 Shooting Club Street Mohandessin
Mohandessin Branch: No. 4 Syria Street – Giza
Dokki Branch: Pyramisa Hotel - Dokki 60
Giza Branch: No. 32 Murad Street – Giza
Faisal Branch: No. 7 Mansouria Housing - End of Faisal – Giza
Smart Village Branch: Plot B 228, 227 Kilo 29 Cairo Alexandria Desert Road
6th of October Branch: G39- M39 located in the commercial center - October Plaza Mall in the central axis service area - 6th of October.
Arkan Plaza Branch: Central Axis - Sheikh Zayed - 6th of October
Patrice Le Momba Branch: No. 2 Patrice Limumba Street - Bab Sharq – Alexandria
Nabi Daniel Branch: No. 15 Mahmoud Azmy El Attarin St. – Alexandria
Smouha Branch: 56 Fawzy Moaz Street - Property 5 Smouha Heights – Alexandria
Loran Branch: No. 477 El Guish Road - El Saraya – Alexandria
Montazah Branch: No. 746 El Guish Road – Alexandria
Tenth of Ramadan Branch: Plot No. 25 in the Tenth of Ramadan City Center
Ismailia Branch: Al Jawhara Tower Shebin El Kom Street – Ismailia
Zagazig Branch: 25 Talaat Harb Street - Shalik Tower - Zagazig – Sharqia
Tanta Branch: Army Street No. 48 – Tanta
Damanhour Branch: Intersection of Omar Ibn El Khattab St. & Abdel Salam El Shazly Building 2 - Damanhour
Ali Mubarak Street, off Saad Zaghloul Street, in front of the Governor's Villa. Torel Mansoura
Port Said Branch: 49 23rd July and Abd El Moneim Street, between Al-Zaher and Qitbay Streets, Port Said
Suez Branch: No. 1 Intersection of El Borg Road and 23rd of July – Suez
Hurghada Branch: Northern Plateau in front of Tabia Hotel - Hurghada - Red Sea
Sharm El Sheikh Branch: Sharm El Sheikh International Hospital Street - in front of the court - Sharm El Sheikh - Red Sea
Beni Suef Branch: Grand Nile Tower Corniche Street Beni Suef Egypt
Minya Branch: No. 191 Corniche El Nil – Minya
Damietta Branch: Zaher Division - Corniche El Nil, first road Ras El Bar – Damietta
Sohag Branch: Intersection of Street 15 with Al-Gomhoria Street, Hajj Tower Ahmed Deif Allah – Sohag
Aswan Branch: No. 82 Abtal El Tahrir Street - Bandar Aswan
Customer Rights Protection – Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait - Egypt
Tax Registration Number: 204-898-692